Thursday 9 December 2010

another baby book

After the success of the first baby book (that my fabulous god daughter just loves) I was waiting for an excuse to make another. Luckily my sister has provided me that excuse. As we don't know what the new baby will be I decided to go for an underwater/beach theme this time. I came up with some nice simple fish designs but it turns out that octopus are not easy to draw! And then to complicate it further I wanted to have parts of the book that you could lift up, including two of the octopus legs.

To make the parts that lift up, I stiffened both sides with interfacing, cut the shapes out bigger than I needed then marked out the shape. The shapes were put together right side out, I followed the shape with the zig zag stitch then trimmed it back to the stitching.

The octopus was made in several parts so the legs could overlap.





No comments: