Sunday 1 February 2015

stash

Operation 'reduce material stash to something reasonable' has begun.

Phase one: sort out stash and take several large curtains to a charity shop. I was never going to make anything out of them and maybe someone can use them as actual curtains.

Phase two: use lots of small pieces to make a new tea cosy. The old one had got a bit close to the stove and had a huge hole in.


Phase three: make untold meters of bias binding out of the piece of fabric I specifically bought for the purpose back in the summer. I am not sure if this counts as using up my stash or just moving it from one place to another.

I followed a Whipstitches tutorial to make one continuous piece, which is very cunning but would have been a whole lot easier with the right equipment. Like a nice quilters ruler* instead of the spirit level (it was the only thing long enough) and a fade out fabric pen that worked rather than chunky tailors chalk. It is a bit wobbly, but one meter of fabric made so much binding it took about half an hour to iron it all.
 *lucky for me lovely man bought me a quilting ruler for my birthday

No comments: